Saturday, November 8, 2014

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise. Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you'll find it there.” ~ Robb Sagendorph

Two years ago, Jeff and I vacationed for 10 days in Hawaii to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.  Every morning we were awakened by a beautiful sunrise.  And every morning, it was different.  Brilliant, awe-inspiring, indescribable beauty that simply cannot be sufficiently duplicated with a photo.  While on the island of Kauai, this picturesque scene greeted us each morning from our open bedroom window...



It never got old.  We didn't wake up on day 10, and say, "Ho, hum - that again."  On the contrary, we could not wait for the dawn of a new day to see how the next sunrise would uniquely display God's glory...




Living in the Piney Woods of East Texas, trees generally block my view of the rising sun.  And if I'm ever blessed to travel to Hawaii again, the sunrises there will be one of the things I look most forward to...


I titled this blog "Morning Mercies," after the passage of Scripture from Lamentations quoted above - it is one of my favorite verses in the Bible.  The photo at the top of the page is my favorite from all of the sunrise pictures we took while in Hawaii.  

How can you experience such beauty in nature, and not be in awe of our Creator?  There's something special about the dawning of a new day, a new sunrise - the hope that comes with it for the promise of new opportunities.  Starting fresh.  And even more encouraging is the promise of Lamentations 3:23, that with each sunrise, God's love and mercy is just as new and fresh as the new day.  

So today as I consider blessings I often take for granted, I'm thankful for the sunrise, and all that it means, which causes me to be thankful for my loving Heavenly Father who blesses me each new morning with His endless love and mercy.   

"His spendor was like the sunrise; rays flashed from His hand, where His power was hidden."  ~Habakkuk 3:4


No comments:

Post a Comment